Day Treatment in Massachusetts
Our day treatment program in Massachusetts is a treatment option that acts as part of a step-down program from ATS or CSS levels of care. Patients in day treatment are typically ready for a less intensive level of care and are committed towards maintaining their sobriety and participating in the recovery community.
Typically, sessions are held 3 times a week for 3 hours a day. These sessions are made up of several types of interactive techniques, including:
- 12 step recovery, a fundamental part of our day treatment initiatives
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Engaging, self-reflective techniques aimed at breaking through emotional barriers
- Group therapy aimed at discussing a wide variety of topics including 12 Step fellowships, relapse prevention, event processing and more in a healthy and therapeutic manner
All patients involved in our day treatment are required to be committed to their recovery. Our day treatment programs utilize the most advanced techniques and experienced clinicians to help our patients achieve lasting recovery at their own pace.
What can I expect during day treatment?
At Recovery Centers of America, our day treatment programs emphasize 12-step meeting attendance, daily review of challenges to sobriety in the community and development of a plan for healthy living. At a minimum, our day treatment patients meet with their Primary Therapist once per month. If psychiatry is warranted, it is offered outside day treatment hours as a separate therapeutic activity. Ideal patient commitment is for a minimum of 30 days and topics covered during day treatment sessions include:
- Relapse prevention
- Coping skills
- 12 step work
- Developing a positive recovery support network
How many sessions do I need to attend in day treatment?
On average, most of our patients attend (3) 3 hour sessions per week for a minimum of 30 days.
Sample Day Treatment Schedule:
- 9:00 AM: Community Meeting; review of overnight activities, 12 Step meeting attendance
- 9:30 AM: Primary Therapy Group. Not more than 10 patients per group with their assigned primary therapist.
- 10:30 AM: Break
- 10:45 AM: Psycho-educational seminar/therapeutic activity
- 11:45 AM: Wrap-up for the day; safety plans until next day treatment visit
For more information on our day treatment programs in Massachusetts at Recovery Centers of America, please call 1-800-RECOVERY today!