Meet New People – See New Places – Try New Things
Keep Involved – Keep Connected
After evidence-based treatment, Recovery Support Services are vital to long term recovery. An essential benefit of treatment is matching the patient up with a strong regional alumni network to bond with after “graduating” from inpatient and outpatient care”
– Rick Delgiorno, Director of Alumni Relations at Recovery Centers of America
Get involved with your RCA Alumni Association
One of the best ways you can sustain and support long-term recovery is to stay involved in the RCA Alumni Association. From regional recovery alumni meetings and chapter planning meetings to speaking with current patients and attending regional Alumni Association events, there are many opportunities to help others who want to maintain long-term recovery. Supporting others in recovery is a great way to promote your own recovery efforts. Assisting others keeps you grounded and creates opportunities to reconnect with like-minded individuals and groups.
8 examples of easy and fulfilling ways to volunteer:
- Share your journey with current patients. Encourage them to work hard and be involved in the Alumni Association.
- Help plan regional events, activities and meetings.
- Start and run support and recovery groups and meetings.
- Be a greeter and/or help with set-up, decorating, and cleanup for alumni association events.
- Share creative event ideas with your regional chapter planning committees, events that would be fun and supportive of people in recovery, events that allow everyone to meet new people, try new things and see new places.
- Hand out flyers about upcoming Alumni Association events and meetings at local AA/NA meetings.
- Promote Alumni Association events at local recovery homes.
- Become a member of the Regional Alumni Mentor Society (RAMS). Sit and talk with patients to discuss their post-treatment plans.
Recovery Support, everywhere you go
The science of addiction tells us just how important it is for individuals in recovery to have access to their support network when they’re feeling overwhelmed or tempted to use. The Alumni Association provides an opportunity for you to meet new people, try new things and see new places with your support network.
Alumni Chapter Locations
- Danvers, MA (DANVERS)
- Zip: 21000-21299, 21400-21499, 20600-20799, 21600-21999
- South Boston, MA (SOBO)
- Zip: 02000-02099, 02300-02499, 02500-02599, 02700-02799
- Worcester Co., MA (WORCO)
- Zip: 01000-01699
- Baltimore, MD (BALTCO)
- Zip: 21000-21499, 21600-21799, 21900-21999
- Charles Co., MD (CHARCO)
- Zip: 20600-20799
- Chesapeake, MD (CHESA)
- Zip: 20000-20999, 22000-22399
- Atlantic County, NJ (ATCO)
- Zip: 08000-08799, 07700-07799, 18900-19199
- Camden County, NJ (CAMCO)
- Zip: 08000-08299
- Northern NJ (NNJ)
- Zip: 07000-07999, 08800-08999
- Bucks County, Pa. (BUCKSCO)
- Zip: 19000-19299
- Chester County, Pa. (CHESCO)
- Zip: 19200 -19499
To Stay Involved
You have “been there.” You make that first connection easier. To help you with this process, our Admissions staff is readily available to talk to you, your friend or your loved one seeking treatment.
To volunteer to become a Regional Alumni Mentor today, click here.
Refer a friend or family member. Call 877-520-9659 today.
We hope all RCA Alumni will continue to foster friendships and continue drug addiction recovery. We encourage you to connect through social media, network with other alumni, help others in need of recovery and stay connected to catch up, network or help you achieve your goals.
How to stay connected to RCA
- Facebook: @RecoverycoaAlumni
- Twitter: @RCOAAlumni
- Instagram: @RecoverycoaAlumni
- LinkedIn: Recoverycoa Alumni
- YouTube: Recovery Centers of America
There’s a wide spectrum of possibilities regardless of location and with varying levels of commitment. From volunteering to attending a regional chapter event to sharing your experiences with current patients, there are plenty of ways to show your RCA pride and be an active member in our drug addiction recovery alumni community.
To volunteer for future RCA Alumni events in your community, click here.
Or update your Contact Information by sending an email to email@example.com.
Find the schedule and register for an upcoming Alumni Association event here.