Workforce Solutions: Job assistance program
Begin your recovery on solid ground
Finding a job following inpatient treatment for drugs and alcohol can be challenging. And if you’re like most people, you need to gain employment to support yourself and your loved ones too. Not only that, but a decent job can boost self-esteem and help with your recovery. On the flip side, being unemployed can undermine your mental health and fuel addiction.
For these reasons, Recovery Centers of America at Capital Region has created Capital Region Workforce Solutions, a job assistance program to help you prepare to enter or re-enter the workforce as you begin your life in recovery.
Equip yourself for employment with the necessary skills and resources
While you’re receiving inpatient addiction treatment at Recovery Centers of America at Capital Region, onsite staff will register you with the Maryland Workforce Exchange or the Virginia Employment Commission. Through this, they will connect you to a dedicated specialist at The Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning, who will schedule a one-on-one session with you to discuss your background and goals and devise effective employment strategies for moving forward. Guiding you through the process of entering the job market, the goal is to make you as strong a candidate as possible, so you can focus on your recovery in treatment and out.
The various skills and services offered include:
- Resume building
- Interview skills and techniques
- Access to the latest job openings and upcoming job fairs
- Career guidance
- Free resources and training
Participation in Workforce Solutions is completely voluntary
If you’re interested, the requirements are as follows:
- Residency in the state of Maryland or the state of Virginia.
- Enrollment in inpatient treatment RCA at Capital Region for the full length of stay
- Attendance of all sessions, groups and any other inpatient program requirements
- Not at risk of being administratively discharged
- Obtain consent of all external contacts