PRISE at Recovery Centers of America
PRISE, a program designed to help you achieve lasting recovery after relapse
Your journey to lasting recovery is unique, and relapse may be a part of that journey. While you may view relapse as a failure, at Recovery Centers of America we recognize that it can be a part of many people’s eventual path to recovery and we don’t see your struggle as a sign of failure. We encourage you to come back for treatment and get back on the right path. The progress you have made in the past is important and together we can build on that foundation to develop the path by which you can achieve lasting recovery. Recovery Centers of America supports every attempt with optimism, support and specialized care.
The PRISE program at Recovery Centers of America is one of a kind and life changing. PRISE, which stands for ‘Promoting Recovery through Intensive Support and Education’ was designed to help you with relapse prevention to achieve lasting recovery.
Call us and get confidential help 24/7
Long-term recovery is within reach
While in PRISE, an elective 3-4 week program, you will be with peers who are also committed to overcoming relapse and achieving long-lasting recovery. Expert addiction professionals will apply a therapeutic, evidence-based approach designed for your needs. Hope for a bright future will be restored through:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Get reconnected with the values and aspirations at your core, learn to let negative emotions and behavior “pass through” and take a stand for yourself by staking your own claim on recovery.
- Narrative Therapy Your RCA team will work with you to identify and inventory potential pitfalls to your recovery and help you address them. By identifying specific issues – and not you– as the problem, you can apply solutions more easily. A basic tenet of Narrative Therapy is “the person is not the problem, the problem is the problem.”
- Positive Psychology We will help you develop a more positive perspective towards life and other people, this will help you find more joy, freedom and meaning. Through community activities and therapy, you will learn to garner the power of positive emotions, positive relationships, accomplishments and gratitude – which, in turn, will change how you feel for the better and energize you to move forward in a positive direction in life.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) You will learn to find and change mistaken ways of thinking that support behaviors with negative consequences and reinforce negative emotions and beliefs, thereby improving your emotional fitness and overall well-being.
- Opportunities to help others through community involvement
- Connections and sober events/meetups with alumni from the RCA Alumni Association
- Art and music therapy
- 12-Step immersion and 12-Step yoga
- Family involvement
- A seamless transition to outpatient programs for continued recovery support, available both in-person or virtual
Make this time in treatment different with a program that’s different
PRISE is designed to reunite you with your former values, hopes, dreams and potential. You want to break free from the torment of the rollercoaster of addiction, treatment and relapse, and the PRISE program curriculum is designed specifically to set you on the path to long-term recovery. Examples of courses include:
- Understanding the brain and biology of addiction
- Commitment and getting grounded
- The five-point cycle of addiction and the inner critic
- Forgiveness, perception and gratitude
- Behavior modification
Want to learn more about PRISE?
Download this preview of the proprietary clinical content.