Drug & alcohol rehab program for young adults
Discover, an addiction treatment program for young adults ages 18+
If you are a young adult who started experimenting with alcohol or drugs and now find yourself unable to stop – feeling out of control, overwhelmed or hopeless – you are not alone. In fact, over five million adults ages 18-25 report having a substance use disorder.
We want you to know there is a future for you– a positive, bright future beyond pain you are experiencing currently. Recovery Centers of America is here for you and your family, and can help you recover–starting today.
Discover is a life-changing addiction treatment program designed specifically for young adults ages 18+ by the expert, clinical team at Recovery Centers of America. We created this program to help you:
- Discover a life free from addiction.
- Discover happiness, success and your confidence.
- Discover the person you want to be.
- Discover a new relationship with your loved ones
The team at Recovery Centers of America pledges to be in this with you from Day 1 and for years to come through our active alumni association. Together, we can help you break free from addiction, get your life back on track, feel a part of a new supportive community of friends and fellow travelers, and heal you and your family.
Discover a life free from addiction to alcohol or drugs
While in Discover, a 30-day inpatient addiction treatment program for young adults ages 18+, you will be immersed in a close-knit community of people your age who are on the same journey to recovery from addiction. During this time, you will build lasting connections and friendships that will become part of your ongoing support system.
Throughout your time in Discover, you will benefit from proven treatment approaches delivered by experts. To help you feel comfortable and safe while in our care, you will live amongst and meet with gender-specific groups led by therapists, recovery support specialists and other addiction professionals specially trained to work with your age group.
Discover happiness, success and confidence
There will never be a dull moment while you’re at Recovery Centers of America. A centerpiece of Discover is our Adventure Therapy, where you will experience the benefits of physical activity on your mood and develop skills to enable your ongoing growth in mind, body and spirit. Immersed in vigorous activities, you can find and develop aspects of yourself, like grit and resilience, that will give you the confidence to build a strong life in recovery.
Benefit from evidence-based treatment modalities:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) CBT is considered one of the safest and most effective treatments for both emotional trauma and substance use disorder. A vicious cycle of negative thinking is often a cornerstone of addiction and CBT is the perfect tool to break out of it. Through it you can learn to realign your views on yourself and the world, and to modify your thoughts and behaviors, thereby improving your emotional flexibility and overall well-being.
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy We will help you discover and catalog what truly motivates you, once you have this worked out you will have access to a new source of power to stay strong in recovery and accomplish your goals.
- Adventure Therapy Grow and develop through engaging in new experiences and activities that ignite your interest or challenge you. Examples include interactive events and outdoor trips. Grow and develop through engaging in new experiences and activities that ignite your interest or challenge you. Examples include interactive events, outdoor trips and other activities that promote well-being.
- Alternative therapies such as art and music therapy
- Outdoor activities and trips to the gym
- 12-Step immersion and 12-Step yoga
- Life and job readiness skills training
- Robust aftercare planning and a seamless transition to outpatient programs for continued recovery support, available both in-person or virtual.
Discover the person you want to be
You can turn your life around today and grow into the person you want to be. Our specialized curriculum was developed specifically to help you continue in your journey of young adulthood with coming-of-age topics, groups, and workshops.
In Discover, you will learn about:
- Overcoming the effects of substance use on the developing young adult brain
- Building positive relationships and using peer support networks in recovery
- Communication skills and boundary-setting
- Overcoming anger and shame
- Managing stress and anxiety without drugs or alcohol
- Resolving trauma
- Understanding family relationship dynamics
- Personal growth and life skills
- Managing parenting responsibilities in recovery
- Career skills and managing job duties
- Fitness, nutrition, and health in recovery
- Navigating social media in recovery
- Understanding addiction triggers
- Developing emotional resiliency and positivity
Your family can breathe, again
Recovery is one of the best gifts you can give to your family. You and your whole family can heal together. Our Discover program enables you to stay in contact with your family and includes specialized family services that your loved ones can participate in while you are in treatment and after, including family programs, events, webinars, therapy and support groups.
At some of our facilities, we also offer Families RISE (Recovery Inspires Supportive Environments), which is specifically for families of young adults in our care. Learn more here.
You will have friends and support for a lifetime
You will build lasting connections through Recovery Centers of America and can stay in touch through our Alumni Association. Enjoy fun, fellowship and support through recovery meetings, events, educational webinars and service opportunities. We’re here for you, always.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who will I be sharing a room with?
We know how important comfort, connection, mutual understanding and support are for effective addiction treatment, that’s why we ensure all patients in the Discover program are grouped with other young adults in the same stage of life. You will be sharing a room with another young adult patient in a similar age bracket to yours and of the same gender.
Will I be in counseling with people who are going to understand what I’m going through?
Yes. Besides the expert clinicians leading the counseling groups, the patients in your counseling group sessions will also be a part of the Discover program and in the same stage of life as you. We want you to get the most out of your time with us, so you can build a lasting recovery and live a happy, healthy life without drugs or alcohol. Immersing yourself in a program with people who understand the challenges and changes young adults deal with will be of great help in your recovery journey. You’ll be able to rely on, build off, connect with, and support other patients who are in your age group.
How will my family be involved with my treatment?
Having a solid support system is critical to achieving and maintaining recovery. We welcome family to come in for family counseling sessions as well as visitation hours*. Visiting hours vary depending on the site—we will provide you with all visitation information upon admission, or you can give us a call and we’ll provide you with the information for the RCA location you’re interested in.
What are my options for aftercare treatment?
Recovery Centers of America will support your recovery for life. During your time in the Discover program, you will be assigned a case manager who will work with you to come up with a comprehensive aftercare plan which can include an outpatient recovery program (including in-person and teletherapy options), sober home accommodations and more. After your inpatient treatment is finished, RCA’s outpatient program offers many different options for additional treatment and recovery support so that you can smoothly transition back to your life and responsibilities. Additionally, you’ll be able to keep the friendships and connections you make in while in residential treatment and make new ones through the RCA Alumni Association which runs a regular schedule of sober events, meetups and activities for those in recovery.
How can I get help for a young adult who is not willing to go to treatment?
We also feature intervention services, boasting a 90% success rate, emphasizing safety and conflict resolution, while avoiding all shame and stigma.