Why a Heroin Addiction Rehab Center Is Important
Whether you are fighting heroin addiction yourself, or you are trying to help a loved one win their battle, the world can feel like a lonely place at times. You might think that your experience is isolated or somewhat unusual. It’s easy to wrap ourselves up in our private world of problems, and forget that there are others out there facing the same troubles.
Unfortunately, addiction is not uncommon. And, it’s not getting any better.
The reality is that heroin addiction statistics continue to show an increasing problem and addiction rehab centers are more important than ever.
The Latest Heroin Addiction Statistics from the CDC and NIDA May Shock You:
- In 2014, 47,055 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States, and 61 percent of these deaths involved prescription opioids and heroin.
- Heroin overdoses have more than tripled between 2010 to 2014.
- Fatal heroin overdoses were more than five times higher in 2014 (10,574) than in 2004 (1,878).
- More than 300,000 persons aged 12 and older reported using heroin in the past year.
- Overdose deaths from opioid pain relievers and heroin have risen dramatically in the past 14 years, from 5,990 in 1999 to 29,467 in 2014, and most were preventable.
In fact, there is a strong overlap between the use of multiple substances.
- People addicted to alcohol are two times more likely to become addicted to heroin.
- People addicted to marijuana are three times more likely to become addicted to heroin.
- Those addicted to cocaine are fifteen times more likely to become addicted to heroin.
- People addicted to opioid painkillers are forty times more likely to become addicted to heroin.
These shocking heroin addiction statistics are clear indicators that things are getting worse, not better. Heroin addiction is quickly becoming a bigger and bigger problem. It is affecting more and more Americans. Our heroin rehab center is here to help.
By de-stigmatizing addiction, educating our society, and getting good and accessible help for those in need, we can start to move these devastating numbers in the right direction.
Finding the right heroin rehab center can be difficult. If you are looking for outstanding treatment with around the clock care and quality medical services, then Recovery Centers of America might be right for you. Contact us today for more information or call 1-800-RECOVERY now.