Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Balancing life’s demands to fully support your treatment needs in recovery can be difficult. RCA’s Partial Hospitalization Program can provide a strong first step!
RCA’s PHP is for an adult 18 years of age and over who is struggling with addiction and does not require or is not ready for an inpatient hospital setting. PHP is a great treatment option to support you staying at home while getting the benefit from more intensive treatment. PHP can serve as a prevention to needing an inpatient hospital stay or effectively serve as a bridge when an individual is transitioning from inpatient or residential treatment. PHP focuses on understanding the source of your addiction, treating the symptoms, and effectively addressing the contributors that impact your recovery.
PHP uses the most advanced techniques and experienced clinicians to help you achieve lasting recovery, at your own pace. During treatment we will assess your condition, identify & incorporate the best treatment options, and tailor care based on your individual needs. We utilize a combination of group therapy, individual sessions, family therapy, and medication interventions that support achieving the best outcomes.
PHP is highly structured and meets five days a week (Monday-Friday) five hours each day. During treatment, you will take part in a daily:
- Understanding the source, symptoms, and contributors of substance use.
- Intensive group therapy.
- Individual sessions.
- Family therapy.
- Evidence based- treatment.
- Relapse prevention and coping skill building.
- Medication intervention to reduce discomfort and reduce & suppress cravings.
- Accountability to your recovery with UDS screens.
- Coordinating ongoing treatment supports upon discharge.
- Connecting you with RCA’s robust Alumni Association.
*PHP is referred to as Day Treatment in Massachusetts
We’re here to help.
Levels of care for every level of your recovery
Whether you’re at the very beginning of your recovery or months in, we offer 3 levels of outpatient care:
PHP addiction treatment from the comfort of your home
In addition to RCA’s in-person outpatient services, we have extended our treatment beyond our offices to online via HIPAA compliant web and video conferencing.
Sample Partial Hospitalization Program schedule:
PHP typically runs daily on weekdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. You’ll be provided lunch and other refreshments during the treatment day. The exact schedule may vary by state.
A typical day for a PHP client would be as follows:
- 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Community meeting/review goals
- 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM: Process group
- 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM: Psychoeducational group (with break)
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM: Lunch
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM: Wrap-up/goal-setting group