Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)*
Our Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) are designed for our patients who need a more intensive level of treatment at a higher frequency than an intensive outpatient program (IOP) can provide. Often times, this level of outpatient treatment is also the first level of ‘stepped down’ care for patients transitioning from inpatient to outpatient treatment. Our patients engaged in Partial Hospitalization Programs attend programming 5 hours per day, 5 times per week, for a total of approximately 25 hours per week.
Our Partial Hospitalization Programs use the most advanced techniques and experienced clinicians to help our clients achieve lasting recovery, at their own pace. Patients take part in a variety of groups lead by our team of medical experts using the latest evidence-based methodologies, including:
- Group therapy sessions
- Individual therapy sessions
- Family therapy sessions
- Biofeedback bed (when appropriate)
- Confidence-building workshops
- Psychoeducational groups for clients and their families
- Wellness activities (yoga, art and music therapy, etc.) at designated locations
Partial Hospitalization Addiction Treatment From the Comfort of Your Home via Telehealth
We’ve converted RCA’s Outpatient services from our offices to live, high definition audio/video telehealth due to COVID-19. We’ve watched patients thrive with our services from the comfort and safety of their homes. While we continue to offer all of our Outpatient services via telehealth, we want you to know: You can still receive the same evidence-based treatment RCA is known for – just from your home. Learn more about our telehealth services here.
What kinds of skills will I learn in a Partial Hospitalization Program?
Our clinical and medical experts will provide you with the recovery tools you need to recognize triggers, stop cravings, prevent relapse and manage your recovery for life. Psycho-education lectures are designed to educate guests about addiction and recovery. Unlike seminars on the inpatient track, the lectures and seminars are designed to assist patients as they navigate the outside community – typically following a period of inpatient treatment.
What types of topics will be covered during PHP sessions?
Topics covered during Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) sessions can include:
- Relapse prevention
- Coping skills so patients can handle daily life challenges, involving family, work, etc. with confidence and strength.
- 12 Step programming including working the 12 Steps with a sponsor, attending 12 Step meetings and helping others to achieve and maintain sobriety.
- Developing a positive recovery support network
- Dealing with urges and triggers
- Returning to work
PHPs typically run daily on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Our patients are provided lunch and other refreshments during the treatment day.
A typical day for a PHP guest would be as follows:
- 9:00 AM: Community Meeting; review of overnight activities, 12-step meeting attendance
- 9:30 AM: Primary Therapy Group: Not more than 10 patients per group with their assigned primary therapist.
- 10:30AM: Break
- 10:45AM: Psychoeducation group/seminar
- 12:00PM: Lunch
- 1:00PM: 12-step seminar
- 2:00PM: Wrap-up, plans for the night, proposed meeting attendance
Our outpatient programs are available in:
RCA Partial Hospitalization Programs are offered at all of our outpatient locations, including:
- Recovery Centers of America at Devon in Devon, PA (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America Capital Region (formerly The Maryland Center for Addiction Treatment) in Waldorf, MD (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Lighthouse in Mays Landing, NJ (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Raritan Bay in South Amboy, NJ (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Voorhees in Voorhees, NJ (Partial Care)
- Recovery Centers of America at Danvers in Danvers, MA (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Westminster in Westminster, MA (Inpatient & Outpatient)
For more information on our partial hospitalization outpatient programs at Recovery Centers of America, please call 855-752-4084 today!