April Is Alcohol Awareness Month: 5 Reasons to Quit Drinking Now
A Message from Our Alcohol Rehab Centers
April is Alcohol Awareness Month. It is designed to reduce the stigma associated with Alcoholism. Alcoholism is a chronic, progressive disease, genetically predisposed and fatal if untreated. However, people can and do recover. There are many reasons to quit, and the decision is a major milestone. So, here are five reasons to quit drinking and make a life-changing choice.
- There is never a better time than the present. At this point, there are no excuses. So, do it today. It will be one of the best decisions of your life. It’s time for a fresh start. You will regret putting it off if you don’t take that first step. So, today is the best day to begin a new, healthier life.
- Summer is coming. Make this summer different from those in the past. Enjoy evenings with friends and family that you’ll remember the next day. Take advantage of the great weather and get outside. Start a new regime of exercise. Hike. Go to the beach. See the world with a new and amazing perspective.
- Save money and do more. When you stop drinking, it can pay off in a number of ways. Saving money is the most obvious. You’ll be surprised how much money you spend on drinking. If you put that extra money in the bank, who knows what you’ll be able to enjoy. A new car. A great vacation. Better restaurants. And an overall, better life.
- Feel healthier and better about yourself. Everyone wants to look good for the summer. Everyone wants to go to the pool or the beach and feel comfortable with their bodies. If you stop drinking, you’ll start to feel better. Once your body begins to recover from the effects of drinking, you’ll feel less bloated and have more energy. Also, your skin will look and feel healthier. And you might lose some weight.
- Get your relationships back on track. Heavy drinking can have a negative impact on relationships and can make conflict resolution difficult. So, with a summer of barbecues, picnics, pool parties, and family vacations ahead, getting sober will give you the opportunity to approach these relationships with a fresh start and a clear head.
So, let April be the month to make the choice to quit drinking and move toward living a healthier and happier life. For more tips on quitting alcohol or drugs or if you’re interested in our alcohol rehab centers, contact our 24/7 care consultants at Recovery Centers of America by calling 1-800-RECOVERY today.