Commit to recovery and responsibilities with RCA’s Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
If you need an intensive form of Outpatient care, yet don’t quite need a full day of treatment, Intensive Outpatient is laser-focused treatment with a bit more flexibility. Most clients have 3-hour sessions, three times per week.
This shorter day of treatment still has all the same helpful elements as Partial Hospitalization Program, but it isn’t a full day. This way, you can keep your commitments and responsibilities without jeopardizing your recovery.
Whether you’re at the very beginning of your recovery or months in, we offer 3 levels of Outpatient care:
Intensive Outpatient Program
RCA’s substance abuse intensive outpatient program curriculum includes:
- Enhance employment skills
- Support educational pursuits
- Satisfy legal requirement and resolve legal issues
- Support intervention for medical concerns
- Resolve early childhood and development issues such as abuse and neglect
- Resolve trauma and associated behaviors
- Revise your recovery action plan to focus on shaping longer-term life goals
- Manage co-occurring mood and anxiety symptoms
- Continue active engagement with 12-step work
- Spot-check for changes in recovery capital, mood, or anxiety
- Maintain relapse prevention
- Reinforce your self-monitoring and mindful awareness of thoughts and emotions
- Support and continue your emotional development
- Reinforce self-monitoring and mindfulness of changes in thoughts and emotions
- Support the enhancement of quality of life and well-being, and expanded engagement with sober supports
- Engage in a deeper exploration of specific mental health concerns
- Normalize that triggers can occur at any stage of recovery and being able to quickly. identify and address emergent symptoms
- Reinforce effective relationship skills
- Focus on reinforcing effective communication skills, shared problem-solving, resolution of past conflict, and reinforcement of relationship skills within the family
- Rebuild, repair, or restore your family dynamic
- Stay connected while creating your own safe space
- Learn how to start the healing process
- Learn what to do with feelings of stigma, guilt and shame
- Understand the behaviors of addiction and the impact they have
- Strengthen family and romantic relationships
IOP addiction treatment from the comfort of your home via telehealth
In addition to RCA’s in-person Outpatient services, we have extended our treatment beyond our offices to live, high-definition audio/video telehealth. We’ve watched clients thrive with our services from the comfort and safety of their homes. Whether you attend in person or via our digital health platform, you will still receive the same evidence-based treatment for which RCA is known for. Learn more about our telehealth services here.
Sample Intensive Outpatient Program schedule:
Exact schedule may vary by state.
- Group therapy (3 hours with break)
- Individual session (available weekly)
- Family sessions (available monthly or more frequently as needed)
Recovery Centers of America Intensive Outpatient Program locations near you:
Questions about starting treatment?
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 1-800-RECOVERY or complete the form below.
*Intensive Outpatient is referred to as Day Treatment in Massachusetts