Commit to Recovery and Responsibilities with RCA’s Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
If you need an intensive form of Outpatient care, yet don’t quite need a full day of treatment, Intensive Outpatient is laser-focused treatment with a bit more flexibility. Most clients have 3-hour sessions, three times per week.
This shorter day of treatment still has all the same helpful elements as Partial Hospitalization Program, but it isn’t a full day. This way, you can keep your commitments and responsibilities without jeopardizing your recovery.
Whether you’re at the very beginning of your recovery or months in, we offer 3 levels of Outpatient care:
Intensive Outpatient Program
RCA’s Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program Curriculum Includes:
- Enhance employment skills
- Support educational pursuits
- Satisfy legal requirement and resolve legal issues
- Support intervention for medical concerns
- Resolve early childhood and development issues such as abuse and neglect
- Resolve trauma and associated behaviors
- Revise your recovery action plan to focus on shaping longer-term life goals
- Manage co-occurring mood and anxiety symptoms
- Continue active engagement with 12-step work
- Spot-check for changes in recovery capital, mood, or anxiety
- Maintain relapse prevention
- Reinforce your self-monitoring and mindful awareness of thoughts and emotions
- Support and continue your emotional development
- Reinforce self-monitoring and mindfulness of changes in thoughts and emotions
- Support the enhancement of quality of life and well-being, and expanded engagement with sober supports
- Engage in a deeper exploration of specific mental health concerns
- Normalize that triggers can occur at any stage of recovery and being able to quickly. identify and address emergent symptoms
- Reinforce effective relationship skills
- Focus on reinforcing effective communication skills, shared problem-solving, resolution of past conflict, and reinforcement of relationship skills within the family
- Rebuild, repair, or restore your family dynamic
- Stay connected while creating your own safe space
- Learn how to start the healing process
- Learn what to do with feelings of stigma, guilt and shame
- Understand the behaviors of addiction and the impact they have
- Strengthen family and romantic relationships
IOP Addiction Treatment From the Comfort of Your Home via Shoutout™
In addition to RCA’s in-person Outpatient services, we have extended our treatment beyond our offices to Shoutout™. Shoutout™ is an easy-to-use digital health platform that connects you to a world of support and education. Learn more about Shoutout™.
Sample Intensive Outpatient Program Schedule:
Exact schedule may vary by state.
- Group therapy (3 hours with break)
- Individual session (available weekly)
- Family sessions (available monthly or more frequently as needed)
Recovery Centers of America Intensive Outpatient Program Locations Near You:
Questions about starting treatment?
Get confidential help 24/7. Call 1-800-RECOVERY or complete the form below.
*Intensive Outpatient is referred to as Day Treatment in Massachusetts