*Intensive Outpatient is referred to as Day Treatment in Massachusetts
Our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is a treatment option that acts as part of a step-down program from inpatient residential care or Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP). Patients are ready for a less intensive level of care than inpatient and PHP, yet need a higher level of intervention than general outpatient groups, and are committed to maintaining their sobriety and participating in the recovery community.
Typically, sessions are held 3 times a week for 3 hours a day. These sessions are made up of several types of interactive techniques, including:
- 12 step recovery, a fundamental part of our IOP initiatives
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Engaging, self-reflective techniques aimed at breaking through emotional barriers
- Group therapy aimed at discussing a wide variety of topics including 12 Step fellowships, relapse prevention, event processing and more in a healthy and therapeutic manner
All patients involved in our intensive outpatient treatment are required to be committed to their recovery. Our intensive outpatient treatment programs utilize the most advanced techniques and experienced clinicians to help our patients achieve lasting recovery at their own pace.
Intensive Outpatient Addiction Treatment From the Comfort of Your Home via Telehealth
Due to COVID-19, RCA has converted all of our Outpatient services from our offices to live, high definition audio/video telehealth. Since then, we have watched our patients thrive with our services from the comfort and safety of their homes. As we continue to offer all of our Outpatient services via telehealth, we want you to know: You can still receive the same evidence-based treatment RCA is known for – just from your home. Learn more about our telehealth services here.
What can I expect during intensive outpatient (IOP)?
At Recovery Centers of America, our IOP emphasizes 12-step meeting attendance, daily review of challenges to sobriety in the community and development of a plan for healthy living. At a minimum, our IOP patients meet with their Primary Therapist once per month. If psychiatry is warranted, it is offered outside IOP hours as a separate therapeutic activity. Ideal patient commitment is for a minimum of 30 days and topics covered during Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) sessions include:
- Relapse prevention
- Coping skills
- 12 step work
- Developing a positive recovery support network
How many sessions do I need to attend in Intensive Outpatient (IOP)?
On average, most of our patients attend (3) 3-hour sessions per week for a minimum of 30 days.
Sample Intensive Outpatient Schedule:
- 9:00 AM: Community Meeting; review of overnight activities, 12 Step meeting attendance
- 9:30 AM: Primary Therapy Group. Not more than 10 patients per group with their assigned primary therapist.
- 10:30 AM: Break
- 10:45 AM: Psycho-educational seminar/therapeutic activity
- 11:45 AM: Wrap-up for the day; safety plans until next IOP visit
Intensive outpatient (IOP) programs are offered at all of our outpatient treatment center locations, including:
- Recovery Centers of America at Devon in Devon, PA (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America Capital Region (formerly The Maryland Center for Addiction Treatment) in Waldorf, MD (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Lighthouse in Mays Landing, NJ (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Raritan Bay in South Amboy, NJ (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Voorhees in Voorhees, NJ (Partial Care)
- Recovery Centers of America at Danvers in Danvers, MA (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Westminster in Westminster, MA (Inpatient & Outpatient)
For more information on our intensive outpatient programs at Recovery Centers of America, please call 855-752-4084 today!