Our evidence-based, individualized inpatient addiction treatment programs are customized to your individual needs in order to provide the most effective treatment plan possible.
Our Inpatient Treatment Programs
Our inpatient drug rehab or alcohol treatment programs provide the individualized care you need all at one location, close to where you live. During your stay, you’ll work closely with a dedicated team of highly credentialed professionals––including physicians, nurses, therapists, clinicians, counselors, nutritionists, and others––whose aim is to provide continuous inpatient care, around the clock, seven days a week.
Our Treatment Program: 30 & 90-Day Path to Success
Recovery Centers of America has developed a Path to Success for its patients and families, based on years of research into what works. Our Path to Success is fairly simple and straightforward: 30 days of inpatient care, followed by an additional 60 days in outpatient care – together with a firm commitment to and attendance at 12 Step Fellowships, such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and SMART Recovery – most of which take place right on our addiction treatment campus. In addition, families must attend our extensive Family Therapy & Counseling Programs designed to mend and heal wounds which create – and are a result of, years of painful addiction. Families are also encouraged to participate in the recovery process by attending Al-Anon, Nar-Anon and the many other non-profit 12 Step fellowships which are offered on our campus and in our patients’ communities.
The Path to Success at RCA begins with a period of medically-monitored inpatient detoxification (ranging from 5 – 15 days depending on the extent & complications of an individual’s addiction), in our 24/7 medically-monitored detoxification wing. RCA utilizes strict detoxification protocols designed to safely & comfortably detoxify patients from the substances they have been abusing. Our detoxification wings are beautiful, comfortable, newly-designed & constructed accommodations which enable the patient to restore their confidence so they can focus on their recovery. Our detox treatment plans are designed following extensive nursing, medical and bio-psycho-social assessments which ensure a physically and mentally safe withdrawal. During our medically-monitored detoxification process, we are initiating 1-1 and group therapy sessions with the patient and their families to transition from detoxification to residential care.
Our therapeutic residential treatment program focuses on diagnosing addiction and craving triggers, restoring confidence, treating many co-occurring disorders, immersing our patients in the 12 Step process, teaching them how great a life of recovery can be, restoring their physical well-being and preparing them and their families for the many steps they must take in order to stay well. Our program is designed to educate our patients and their families on the strategies and tactics they must employ in their everyday life to succeed in recovery. All of our programs and our team are designed with love and respect for our patients and their families.
Our comprehensive outpatient treatment program is recommended for all patients, for a period of at least 60 days. Our outpatient treatment program is designed to transition our patients from an inpatient level of care to normal, everyday life of fulfillment in recovery. Our outpatient treatment includes:
- Partial Hospitalization (PHP): Our partial hospitalization level of care is designed to initially transition patients from inpatient to outpatient levels of care. Our patients meet daily for 6 hours a day to discuss ongoing challenges, recovery skills & tools and work through issues to continue building a foundation for meaningful, fulfilling, long-term recovery. We provide individual & group therapy sessions led by a Primary Therapist designed to continue restoring confidence and applying newly learned principles to life in recovery.
- Intensive Outpatient (IOP): Our intensive outpatient level of care is designed to reinforce the recovery concepts already learned and consists of (3), 3-hour group sessions per week, for a period of 4-6 weeks.
- General Outpatient (GOP): Our general outpatient level of care includes weekly group & individual therapy sessions at a frequency determined by our patients’ Primary Therapist based on determined need. General outpatient continues for an unspecified period of time until it is determined by our Primary Therapist, our patient and their families that the GOP level of support is no longer necessary and the patient is ready to begin the next phase of recovery in their life post-treatment.
Features of Our Addiction Treatment Program at RCA:
Individual 1-1 Therapy
Our individual 1-on-1 therapy sessions allow the beginning of the healing process for wounds created both prior to – and during, a patient’s addiction. Patients often are left with a variety of powerful thoughts & emotions: fear, anxiety, regret, remorse, embarrassment, shame, confusion, helplessness, among others. Our individual, 1-on-1 therapy takes place between our patients and their therapist and is designed to help work through those feelings, process their thoughts and emotions in a therapeutic manner and develop new insights and systems of thinking for the future. RCA’s skilled Primary Therapists work closely with each patient to address personal issues that may impact their recovery. Each patient receives 3 individual therapy sessions with their Primary Therapist per week to ensure all issues at the core of the disease – as well as all opportunities to get the most out of recovery – are identified and acted upon. Our goal for 1-1 therapy is to help patients explore their past, present and future in a healthy, beneficial and therapeutic setting designed to set them up for success as they advance in their recovery.
Addiction doesn’t only impact the individual – it is a disease which affects the entire family. Recognizing this, we’ve implemented a comprehensive Family Program consisting of individual and group counseling sessions, family therapy and educational seminars. We strongly encourage families to participate in the treatment & recovery process as we know it significantly strengthens the foundation of recovery and helps to increase the likelihood that patients will continue to maintain a long-term, fulfilling life in recovery. Our comprehensive Family Program is designed to help families heal and recover – together.
Our Family Program Services include:
- Family & Couples Therapy
- Multiple Family Group Therapy
- Weekly Educational Sessions to support those family members who have been witness to their loved one’s addiction.
- The Multiple Family Groups and Educational sessions are open to family members, spouses and significant others ages 12 and older. (Those younger than 12 may participate, but families are asked to make arrangements with staff in advance.)
- Educational sessions are open to all family members of past and current RCA patients. Sessions run on Saturdays and Sundays, and/or week nights at some locations. The sessions are cycled so that participants can complete all 4 modules within 2 to 4 visits. Our four primary educational modules are:
- Stages of Addiction & Recovery
- Healing Family Dynamics
- Effects on the Brain & Body
- In addition, family members are provided with Narcan training and how to recognize signs and symptoms of overdose. Nasal Narcan is used to stop an opioid overdose dead in its tracks.
At the time of admission, all families are contacted and will be scheduled to participate in an in-person family session – with or without their loved one present – within 72 hours of their loved one’s admission.
Addiction is a disease which affects patients physically, emotionally as well as spiritually. Our addiction treatment program is designed to address all three aspects in the healing process – setting our patients up with a strong foundation for long-term recovery.
- Physical: The first step in the physical healing process focuses on the safe withdrawal from mood-altering substances, which is accomplished through a combination of medical evaluations and the administration of medications to ensure a safer landing at the conclusion of acute withdrawal. RCA also outlines plans for improvement during each patient’s post-acute withdrawal period, which is marked by agitation, sleeplessness, depression, anxiety and lack of concentration. To balance the physical recovery, RCA offers a world-class fitness center, yoga & meditation rooms and nutritional education. equipment, training and nutritional guidance to ensure a strong physical recovery.
- Emotional: Addiction can be marked by long periods of depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder. Following a psychiatric evaluation, typically after the detoxification period has concluded, our medical staff – including psychiatrists, may discuss with patients the potential use of medication, where deemed medically-necessary. But medications are not the only pathway to recovery from so-called co-occurring disorders. RCA clinicians also will help patients to dispute the negative thinking patterns that may be associated with mental disorders that often accompany an addiction.
- Spiritual: Our spiritual advisors help guide patients through an initial exploration of their deeper selves and spirituality. We know that spirituality is a cornerstone to long-term, meaningful recovery and accordingly, we encourage our patients to explore a reliance on a power greater than themselves and introduce them to a variety of spiritual paths, allowing a deeper understanding of their spiritual natures, and the impact that the addiction has had. This is accomplished in non-denominational group and individual sessions. In addition, 12 Step facilitation also helps the patient focus on development of spiritual strength.
Primary Process Group
Therapists meet with patients daily for primary process group for at least one hour. This form of psychotherapy allows patients the opportunity to communicate, share, and process their thoughts, behaviors and experiences in a trusted and safe environment. Patients are also able to address any areas of concern and develop positive outcomes while building peer connections.
This also is an opportunity for patients to track progress on their treatment plans, which are developed at the beginning of treatment and updated periodically throughout the course of treatment.
Immersive 12 Step Curriculum
With a strong endorsement of 12 Step recovery, Recovery Centers of America exposes all patients to the 12 Steps and more importantly, helps patients with socialization to both the 12 Step process and the fellowship. Our 12 Step facilitation model includes:
- Exposure to 12 Step Fellowships
- Attendance of 12 Step Meetings (including AA, NA & CA)
- Big Book Study
- Introduction to members of the outside 12 Step recovery community
- Help with finding a sponsor
- Practical application of 12 Step teachings
We provide an engaging, immersive 12 Step experience through a variety of seminars, on-site meetings and both group and individual coaching by our Senior Recovery Instructor, Chris Brennan as well as a team of Recovery Support Specialists.
Art & Music Therapy
Art and music therapy are incorporated into our core clinical programming. Patients have the opportunity to creatively express themselves through art or music while processing their thoughts and feelings. Their resulting art or music allows patients to address emotional conflicts, build self-awareness, develop social skills and increase self-esteem. Thus, ultimately enhancing one’s personal sense of wellbeing.
Relapse Prevention – TRI RoadMAP Evidence Based Toolkit
The purpose of the TRI RoadMAP Toolkit is to learn how to implement the RAC model, or learning how to recognize substance use patterns, use strategies to avoid substance use, and implement alternative coping skills to maintain recovery.
This is achieved by guiding patients through six major sessions of relapse prevention, including:
- My Addiction Patterns
- Coping with Cravings
- Drug Refusal Skills
- Managing Difficult Emotions
- Seemingly Harmless Decisions
- Making Recovery Matter.
Patients will have the opportunity to identify their learned addictive behaviors, identify strategies to avoid them, and implement positive coping skills. The curriculum emphasizes the importance of self-awareness of thinking patterns, behaviors, and triggers, and practice new and effective coping skills. This, in turn, will assist patients in achieving abstinence and preventing future relapses. The program includes:
- Coping with Cravings
- Drug Refusal Skills
- Managing Difficult Emotions
- Seemingly Harmless Decisions
- Making Recovery Matter
- Brain and Body
- Family Systems
- Family Roles
- Health Relationships
- Coping Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
We provide a series of engaging seminars, workshops and interactive sessions designed to help our patients develop confidence by providing them with tools, information and techniques to help further enrich their healing process and foundation of recovery. Topics covered in our Empowerment programing include:
- Changing Attitudes
- Experience, Strength & Hope
- Creating Your Values-Based Empowerment Plan
- Creating Your Vision Board
- Sustaining Change
- Fun in Recovery
- Developing Your Personal Support Network
- Developing Your Personal Safety Plan
- Here & Now (Mindfulness)
Our Young Adult are exposed to a comprehensive, engaging curriculum of Life Skills programming in order to help best prepare them for everyday life in the road to recovery ahead. Simple things – which others may take for granted, such as budgeting, social skills and job skills, have the potential to significantly enhance our patients’ life and career opportunities & outcomes, post-treatment. For this reason, we provide Life Skills programming which includes:
- Food Safety & Budgeting
- Job Skills
- Personal Finance & Budgeting
- Physical Health & Wellness
- Social Skills, Networking & Building a Support Group