General Outpatient Programs are commonly known as outpatient in Massachusetts.
General Outpatient Programs (GOP) provide patients with enough support to maintain their sobriety in their home and community. General outpatient is the least intensive level of outpatient care and helps to prepare patients for a life in long-term, meaningful recovery. GOP services are best utilized after our patient has completed both PHP and IOP and is stabilized in his/her home community. Our GOP includes outpatient-based individual therapy, family therapy, couples therapy and group counseling sessions. Stabilization can be measured by:
- Limited urges to use drug of choice
- Stable home environment
- Stable home group in 12 Step fellowship
- Stable sponsor in 12 Step fellowship
Our general outpatient services are held throughout the week at various times to accommodate most first and second shift work schedules. Outpatient sessions generally last 90 minutes per day and are held 1-3 times per week. Our patients take part in services including:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Couples therapy
- Psychiatric services on an as-needed basis
- Group counseling
- Building a recovery support network
Like all of our programs, General Outpatient Programming at Recovery Centers of America is comprised of highly-credentialed, expert therapists delivering successful, evidence-based therapeutic protocols. Our General Outpatient Program uses the most advanced techniques and experienced clinicians to help our patients achieve lasting recovery at their own pace.
What topics will be covered during general outpatient (GOP)?
During GOP, the focus remains on setting up our patients for success in long-term recovery. Some of the issues generally tackled during GOP include:
- Family and romantic relationships
- Employment issues
- Educational issues
- Legal issues
- Medical issues
- Early childhood and development issues such as abuse and neglect
Our patients may participate in GOP services on a weekly basis for an indefinite period of time
What kinds of skills will I learn in GOP?
Our clinical therapists can provide you with the recovery tools you need to:
- Recognize triggers
- Stop cravings
- Prevent relapse
- Manage your recovery for life
RCA General Outpatient Programs are offered at all of our outpatient locations, including:
- Recovery Centers of America at Devon in Devon, PA (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- The Maryland Center for Addiction Treatment in Waldorf, MD (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Lighthouse in Mays Landing, NJ (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Raritan Bay in South Amboy, NJ (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Voorhees in Voorhees, NJ (Partial Care)
- Recovery Centers of America at Danvers in Danvers, MA (Inpatient & Outpatient)
- Recovery Centers of America at Westminster in Westminster, MA (Inpatient & Outpatient)
For more information on our general outpatient programs at Recovery Centers of America, please call 855-752-4084 today!