Maintain long-term recovery with RCA’s General Outpatient Program
GOP focuses on overall quality-of-life improvement and strengthening of relapse prevention skills. At this level of care, the addiction has been stabilized, and you’re able to delve deeper into the types of challenges that prevent you from experiencing optimal life satisfaction. These may include the impact of trauma, depression, and anxiety. You’ll look at the quality of life goals and ask yourself: How do I get to a place of living a meaningful life?
You may participate in GOP services on a weekly basis for an indefinite period of time, as you continue to work with our clinicians to create the type of life to which you aspire. However, if you and your clinical team decide a higher level of care would be a better choice, RCA has 2 other levels for you to choose from:
General Outpatient Program
When you’re in this level of care, you are no longer struggling with active substance use but may be experiencing other behaviors or life stressors that could create vulnerability to relapse or impair quality of life. This level of support is beneficial for personal growth and skill enhancement.
As a client in GOP, you will participate in:
- Enhance employment skills
- Support educational pursuits
- Satisfy legal requirement and resolving legal issues
- Support intervention for medical concerns
- Resolve early childhood and development issues such as abuse and neglect
- Resolve trauma and associated behaviors
- Revise your recovery action plan to focus on shaping longer-term life goals
- Manage co-occurring mood and anxiety symptoms
- Continue active engagement with 12-step work
- Spot-check for changes in recovery capital, mood, or anxiety
- Maintain relapse prevention
- Reinforce your self-monitoring and mindful awareness of thoughts and emotions
- Support and continue your emotional development
- Reinforce self-monitoring and mindfulness of changes in thoughts and emotions
- Support the enhancement of quality of life and well-being, and expanded engagement with sober supports
- Engage in a deeper exploration of specific mental health concerns
- Normalize that triggers can occur at any stage of recovery and being able to quickly. identify and address emergent symptoms
- Reinforce effective relationship skills
- Focus on reinforcing effective communication skills, shared problem-solving, resolution of past conflict, and reinforcement of relationship skills within the family
- Rebuild, repair, or restore your family dynamic
- Stay connected while creating your own safe space
- Learn how to start the healing process
- Learn what to do with feelings of stigma, guilt and shame
- Understand the behaviors of addiction and the impact they have
- Strengthen family and romantic relationships
GOP addiction treatment from the comfort of your home via telehealth
In addition to RCA’s in-person Outpatient services, we have extended our treatment beyond our offices to live, high-definition audio/video telehealth. We’ve watched clients thrive with our services from the comfort and safety of their homes. Whether you attend in person or via our digital health platform, you will still receive the same evidence-based treatment for which RCA is known for. Learn more about our telehealth services.
RCA General Outpatient Programs are offered at the following RCA locations in Indiana, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland:
For more information on our General Outpatient Programs at Recovery Centers of America, please call 1-800-RECOVERY today!
*General Outpatient Programs are commonly known as Outpatient in Massachusetts.