Addiction treatment for the LGBTQIA+ community
Thrive, addiction treatment designed for the LGBTQIA+ community
If you’re struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol and interested in treatment designed specifically for the LGBTQIA+ community, Recovery Centers of America is here for you. We are dedicated to removing all barriers to recovery from addiction, including discrimination and bias.
As a member of the LGBTQIA+ community working towards freedom from addiction, you may face unique challenges that one size fits all addiction treatment programs simply don’t address.
Thrive, our LGBTQIA+ focused program, is a one-of-a-kind and life-changing addiction treatment program for members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Our program will help you achieve a successful recovery by addressing important issues alongside substance use disorder, such as identity, self-worth, social stigmas and trauma. And, while in treatment you will be in an inclusive environment to help you feel safe, respected and a part of a supportive community.
Heal and rebuild through proven therapeutic approaches
While in Thrive, an elective 3-4 week program, you will be cared for by expert addiction professionals and receive a therapeutic, evidence-based approach designed for your needs. Our compassionate, expert team of LGBTQIA+ informed professionals will help you heal through proven therapeutic addiction treatments and activities.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Get reconnected with the values and aspirations at your core, learn to let negative emotions and behavior “pass through” and take a stand for yourself by staking your own claim on recovery.
- Narrative Therapy
Your RCA team will work with you to identify and inventory potential pitfalls to your recovery and help you address them. By identifying specific issues – and not you– as the problem, you can apply solutions more easily. A basic tenet of Narrative Therapy is “the person is not the problem, the problem is the problem.”
- Positive Psychology
We will help you develop a more positive perspective towards life and other people, this will help you find more joy, freedom and meaning. Through community activities and therapy, you will learn to garner the power of positive emotions, positive relationships, accomplishments and gratitude – which, in turn, will change how you feel for the better and energize you to move forward in a positive direction in life.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
You will learn to find and change mistaken ways of thinking that support behaviors with negative consequences and reinforce negative emotions and beliefs, thereby improving your emotional fitness and overall well-being.
- Opportunities to help others through community involvement
- Connections and sober events/meetups with alumni from the RCA Alumni Association
- Family involvement
- A seamless transition to outpatient programs for continued recovery support, in-person or virtual
Overcome unique challenges and find lasting freedom from addiction
In Thrive, you will learn about:
- Coping with identity and coming out
- Equating self-worth to social media popularity
- Tackling self-harm and insecurities
- How to be your authentic self outside of your comfort zone
- Using religion and/or spirituality to calm the soul and fill deeper, subconscious needs
- How to cope with loss of a family member or loved one or loss of a person or job due to discrimination
- Facing stereotypes and stigmas
- Finding the right sponsor
- Whether (and how) to inform others of your recovery and/or your sexual orientation and/or gender experience
- Managing social media and online bullying by non-LGBTQIA+ people
- Understanding trauma (which may or may not be related to sexuality and/or gender) and secondary trauma
We promise to:
- Not assume how you want to be addressed
- Allow you to be free to express yourself
- Prohibit bullying
- Invite you to correct us if we unintentionally use incorrect language
- Respect your privacy and wishes when it comes to disclosing your sexual identification
- Respect the personal struggles you have endured
- Be available and open to discussing any concerns you may have about navigating treatment
Want to learn more about Thrive?
Download this preview of the proprietary clinical content.