Group Therapy is an essential element of our approach towards addiction treatment.
You’ve fought alone long enough.
Experience effective group therapy using evidence-based treatment modalities like peer support groups.
Addiction is often a disease suffered alone. Too often, this leads to increased substance abuse and feelings of loneliness and isolation. However, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) uses various seminars and substance abuse group therapy sessions so you can interact with others on the journey to sobriety. Group therapy sessions are led by our team of licensed, credentialed clinicians and therapists.
Group therapy forms a large part of our addiction treatment approach as it offers you the opportunity to start building strong peer support networks and connect with others on a deep level. The power of peer-to-peer support can combat the isolation of addiction, with multiple research studies showing the success of peer support groups, like one study funded by the National Institutes of Health that said, “Active engagement in peer support groups has shown to be a key predictor of recovery, and sustaining recovery.”
Here’s a breakdown of the different group therapies we offer in our drug addiction help:
- Primary group therapy, provided 5 times per week
- Art therapy, provided 1 time per week
- Music therapy, provided 1 time per week
- Multimedia 12-Step Toolkit, provided 2 times per week
- Leadership and confidence group workshops, which provide skills for accurate thinking and a positive mental attitude
- Motivation to change workshops
- TCU Unlock Your Thinking
- Psychodrama exercises, done by trained RSS staff or in primary group
- Group fitness classes, provided 2 times per week
- Yoga, provided 2 times per week
- Meditation and progressive relaxation, provided 2 times per week
- Spiritual services, provided 1 time per week
- Recovery support meetings, available multiple times daily (this includes AA, NA, GA, OA, CA, DA, Al-Anon, and ACOA)
In your primary group therapy, you’ll discuss addiction issues and challenges with peers. Together, you can offer each other support and hold one another accountable for your actions.
Other group therapy activities at RCA include:
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Spiritual Services
- Fitness and Recreation
- Meditation/Progressive Relaxation
- Motivation to Change
- TCU Unlock Your Thinking
- Leadership and Confidence
- Multimedia 12-Step Toolkit
- Recovery Support Meetings (AA, NA, GA, OA, CA, DA, Al-Anon, and ACOA)
RCA’s licensed, credentialed therapists specifically design group therapies to help you gain the most from these treatment programs. The best treatment outcomes are built upon your successful integration with your peers throughout your inpatient treatment, and again as you embark on your life of recovery after treatment.