Partial Care Program (PCP) in New Jersey
Our Partial Care Program (PCP) are designed for our patients who need a more intensive level of treatment at a higher frequency than an intensive outpatient program (IOP) can provide. Often times, this level of outpatient treatment is also the first level of ‘stepped down’ care for patients transitioning from inpatient to outpatient treatment. Partial care is a first step for patients who are not clinically appropriate for inpatient. Our patients engaged in partial care attend programming 5 hours per day, 5 times per week, for a total of approximately 25 hours per week.
Outpatient treatment care includes daily group therapy sessions and weekly individual therapy sessions, as well as family therapy. Our Partial Care Programs use the most advanced techniques and experienced clinicians to help our clients achieve lasting recovery, at their own pace.
Patients take part in a variety of groups lead by our team of medical experts using the latest evidence-based methodologies, including:
- Group therapy sessions
- Individual therapy sessions
- Family therapy sessions
- Biofeedback bed (when appropriate)
- Confidence-building workshops
- Psychoeducational groups for clients and their families
What kinds of skills will I learn in a PCP program?
Our clinical and medical experts will provide you with the recovery tools you need to recognize triggers, stop cravings, prevent relapse and manage your recovery for life. Psycho-education lectures are designed to educate guests about addiction and recovery. Unlike seminars on the inpatient side, the lectures and seminars are designed to assist patients as they navigate the outside community – typically following a period of inpatient treatment.
What types of topics will be covered during PCP sessions?
Topics covered during Partial Care Program sessions can include:
- Relapse prevention
- Coping skills so patients can handle daily life challenges, involving family, work, etc. with confidence and strength.
- 12 Step programming including working the 12 Steps with a sponsor, attending 12 Step meetings and helping others to achieve and maintain sobriety.
- Developing a positive recovery support network
- Dealing with urges and triggers
- Returning to work
RCA Partial Care Programs are offered at all of our outpatient locations, including:
PCP programs typically run daily on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Patients are provided lunch and other refreshments during the treatment day.
A typical day for a PCP guest would be as follows:
- 9:00 AM: Community Meeting; review of overnight activities, 12-step meeting attendance
- 9:30 AM: Primary Therapy Group: Not more than 10 patients per group with their assigned primary therapist.
- 10:30AM: Break
- 10:45AM: Psychoeducation group/seminar
- 12:00PM: Lunch
- 1:00PM: 12-step seminar
- 2:00PM: Wrap-up, plans for the night, proposed meeting attendance
For more information on our partial care programs in New Jersey at Recovery Centers of America, please call 1-800-RECOVERY today!