RCA Hope for Addiction Scholarship
All Majors, 2023-2024
February 28, 2023
RCA Hope for Addiction Scholarship
Due to the impact of the opioid epidemic in the United States and the ever-expanding need for well trained professionals to help battle addiction, Recovery Centers of America (RCA) launched a scholarship program to encourage college and university students to do their part in the fight against the addiction crisis affecting our nation. We established the RCA Hope for Addiction Scholarship to offer financial assistance that will help undergraduate and graduate students pursue and finish their degrees with the intention of helping people struggling with addiction. We encourage all students to apply, particularly those who are in recovery from addiction themselves.
- Students of all majors are encouraged to apply
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must be currently enrolled or in enrollment process at an accredited university, college, or trade school within the United States
- Must be pursuing a degree and demonstrate a desire and potential to help individuals and families struggling with addiction
- Limited to one (1) entry per person
- Recovery Centers of America employees and their immediate families are NOT eligible for entry
- Scholarship funds must be used to pay for qualified expenses for the 2023-2024 academic year
Step-by-step scholarship entry process
- Draft a 750 – 1,000-word essay in response to the following topic: It’s imperative for individuals and their families to have access to high-quality, affordable, and effective treatment programs in an environment that is comfortable and close to home. How are you planning to use your degree to aid those in recovery? How do you plan to help individuals and families impacted by the disease of addiction?
- Please include a short bio of yourself. Your bio should include your name, background, and hometown, along with your interests, goals, college major (or expected college major), and anything else you’d like us to know. Please Note: Your bio does NOT count toward the 750-1000-word count required for the essay.
- Send your essay to [email protected] by February 28, 2023. Be sure to include the following information in the body of your email:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- University, college, or trade school where you are currently enrolled or plan to enroll
- Note: this email address is only monitored for scholarship submissions. Questions or general emails may not be answered.
- Once the submission period has ended, our judges will review each essay and select one winner no later than April 15th, 2023. The winner will be contacted by a Recovery Centers of America representative shortly after a selection has been made.
Our judges will grade entries based upon the following criteria:
- Focus – How well did you stick to your main idea? Is it insightful and original?
- Support – How effectively did you support the ideas expressed in your essay?
- Creativity – How unique were your ideas? Did you present them in a creative way?
- Organization – Is the essay clear, organized, and easy to read?
- Style and Language – How well did you utilize style and vocabulary to enhance your essay?
- Grammar – Are there grammar, spelling, or punctuation mistakes?
- Scholarship Award Amount: $1,000
- Number of Winners Chosen: Up to two
- The award amount will be made out to the winner in the form of a check.
- The winner will be notified by phone or email within ten (10) days of selection.