Online Recovery Meetings & Self-Care Activities
In times of difficult social distancing and isolation, it’s never been more important to stay connected to others, even if you can’t do it in person. Recovery Centers of America has developed a list of virtual meetings and self-care activities to keep you connected and focused on your well-being. These meetings are fluid – some can be attended by phone, webchat, Webex, and more. You won’t need any specific apps to use these virtual meetings – just a computer or a phone.
Our list includes lunch and learn speaking events on gratitude in difficult times, recovery in relationships, and more, as well as alumni recovery meetings, virtual recovery yoga, and discovering your emotions. See the full list of meetings and activities here: http://www.cvent.com/d/1nqr80
Virtual NA and AA Meeting List
Isolation and boredom are two things a lot of people are struggling with right now – and for those in active addiction or recovery, they can be triggers. Fortunately, help is still available with online recovery meetings. Check out this list of virtual NA and AA meetings below:
- AA Online Meetings General Page http://aa-intergroup.org/
- AA Email Meetings http://aa-intergroup.org/directory_email.php
- AA Text Chat Meetings http://aa-intergroup.org/directory_chat.php
- AA Audio Video Meetings http://aa-intergroup.org/directory_audio-video.php
- AA Website Discussion Meetings http://aa-intergroup.org/directory_forums.php
- AA Telephone Meetings http://aa-intergroup.org/directory_telephone.php
- LGBT AA Meetings http://aa-intergroup.org/directory_glbt.php
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing AA http://aa-intergroup.org/directory_dhoh.php
- NA Web Meetings https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/text-results.php
- NA Phone Meetings https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/text-results.php
- Unity Recovery Individual and Family Meetings https://unityrecovery.org/digital-recovery-meetings
- Al-Anon Meetings via phone https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/#Phone_Meetings (You can click on Skype, Facebook Messenger, Zoom, Bulletin Board, WhatsApp, Email.)
- In the Rooms https://www.intherooms.com/home/category/community-and-meetings/
Resources for individuals and families: List of online meetings and resources for individuals in recovery and individuals and families affected by substance use disorder.
Resources for providers: Guidance released from DDAP and guidance/resources from national and federal agencies.
Addiction doesn’t stop and neither does Recovery Centers of America. RCA wants anyone struggling with addiction to know that we are still open and still answering calls and accepting patients 24/7. All of our facilities have strict precautions for patients and staff members during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we continue to update these procedures as the CDC rolls out new information. If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction, RCA can help right now.