The right type of addiction treatment is one that is effective, convenient, and works for you and your schedule. For many, that treatment is OBOT. This type of treatment provides doctor-prescribed Suboxone that is taken from the comfort of your home.
To get started with OBOT, an assessment is conducted by a medical professional to see if it is a good fit. The assessment will have several questions, but the three big areas that determine eligibility and dosage are:
- What your drug of choice is
- How long you’ve been using the drug
- How much of the drug you’ve been using
If you’re a good candidate for OBOT, you will likely have a prescription called in that same day. You will receive your prescription for Suboxone and began taking your predetermined dose from the convenience of your home.
Once you begin RCA’s OBOT program, you’ll come into the office once a week for a urine screen and to check-in with the medical staff. After a few weeks, you may be ready to decrease your clinic visits. The frequency of in-office visits varies person by person, but many clients decrease their visits to once a month.
While it is not mandatory, we suggest you seek mental health counseling while participating in our OBOT program. Our staff will help you find a local facility that offers just counseling.
Those who are eligible for OBOT must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be currently using opioids or transferring from another Suboxone doctor
- Not be pregnant (pregnant clients are eligible for Methadone but not Suboxone treatment)
In addition to reducing withdrawal symptoms, the use of Suboxone in an OBOT setting is beneficial in many ways, including:
- Flexibility. Since clients don’t have to come into the office every day, it’s easier to stick with treatment.
- Less of a stigma. Unfortunately, there’s still a stigma associated with MAT. Some people are more comfortable going to a discreet office that looks like a primary care doctor’s office.
- Treatment of co-occurring conditions. Since many people suffering from addiction also suffer from co-occurring disorders like anxiety and depression, our providers can prescribe medications to treat these, too.
Recovery is recovery – no matter how you get there
Whether you decide on MAT or OBOT, the only thing that matters is achieving recovery, so you can prosper and live a long, healthy life. RCA is here to answer any questions you may have or to help you get started on the road to recovery today. Call 1-800-RECOVERY to learn more about our services and how they can help you achieve and maintain recovery.