Medications for Addiction Treatment can help you recover
Trenton Healthcare Clinic is dedicated to helping you achieve and maintain recovery. With the utilization of medication assisted treatment (MAT), together we can manage withdrawal symptoms, reduce cravings and help you achieve recovery.
In combination with substance abuse counseling, Trenton Healthcare uses FDA-approved Methadone, Subutex, Suboxone, and Sublocade as medications to help reduce physical cravings and withdrawals caused by opioids. We also offer VIVITROL® to prevent relapse to opioid and alcohol dependence, after opioid and alcohol detoxification.
Monday – Friday
5:30 am – 12:00 pm
6:00 am – 11:00 am
Monday – Friday
5:30 am – 2:00 pm
6:00 am – 11:00 am
Start receiving your medication today
Trenton Healthcare Clinic will help you recover
Trenton Healthcare Clinic makes recovery possible. As a comprehensive MAT clinic, we provide:
- Medication Assisted Treatment using Methadone, Subutex, Sublocade, VIVITROL®, and Suboxone maintenance
- Screenings and assessments
- Job readiness programming
- Nurse care management services
- Case management services
- Recovery support services
- Medical evaluations
- Substance abuse counseling
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Intensive outpatient counseling
- Subutex for pregnant women
- Educational seminars
- Community education
- Help is available 24/7
Medications available to you at Trenton Healthcare Clinic
Not sure which medication is the right one for you? Our team will work with you to determine which medication would work best for you.
- Methadone is a synthetic opioid agonist, which eliminates withdrawal symptoms and relieves drug cravings by acting on opioid receptions in the brain – the same receptors that opioids like heroin, morphine and opioid pain medications activate.
- Methadone occupies and activities these opioid receptors, it does so more slowly and does not produce euphoria.
- Suboxone binds to the brain’s opioid receptors; however, it doesn’t fully stimulate them.
- Suboxone can reduce withdrawal symptoms and alleviate drug cravings.
- Subutex is a partial opioid antagonist that binds with opioid receptors responsible for pain and feelings of well-being.
- Subutex is used for preventing withdrawal symptoms from and cravings for opiates.
- Vivitrol is an opioid antagonist and binds to opioid receptors without causing a euphoric state, reducing cravings for drugs or alcohol.
- Vivitrol is an intramuscular shot.
- Sublocade attaches to opioid receptors and blocks the reward sensation of opioid, lessening withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Sublocade is slowly released and provides long-lasting relief.
Learn more about your medication options below.
Same day medication | Walk-ins welcome | No waitlist | Minimal wait times
Balancing the mind with substance abuse counseling
Once the body has been treated, it’s time to focus on the mind. Research shows when MAT includes medication and counseling services, the chances of achieving and maintaining recovery are high. That’s why we also include group, individual, and Intensive outpatient counseling sessions with our MAT services. Addiction isn’t just a physical disease – it’s equally important to treat the mental component of the disease as well.
Treatment for pregnant patients
Suffering from addiction while pregnant can make you feel like you have nowhere to turn for help. What are your options? What is safe? Trenton Healthcare has the staff and expertise to safely treat pregnant patients at our facility. When medically appropriate, we will use Subutex to help pregnant patients with addiction. With our staff and treatment, you do not need to worry about judgment – you will receive fair, safe care with us. Our staff will provide treatment for you and your baby with respect and care.
and self pay
Same day admissions and medications
The team at Trenton Healthcare Clinic
To combat the ongoing opioid epidemic affecting Trenton, Recovery Centers of America brought together some of New Jersey’s top professionals in the fields of opiate addiction and Medication-Assisted Treatment.
Need help with housing, transportation, or other types of treatment?
Our comprehensive case management team will help you with:
- Referrals for housing, mental health treatment, or assistance with transportation
- Prevention and treatment for infectious diseases
- Connecting you with a primary care physician, endocrinologist, hepatologist, gastroenterologist, or infectious disease doctor