Badges to recovery – monthly recovery events for families of first responders and military service members
Through this virtual 2-hour event, we provide a confidential setting and safe place for family members to support one another and learn how to “deal and heal.” Badges to Recovery digs deep to educate families on the root causes of addiction in first responders and service members, and how to support a loved one on their road to recovery. We’ll also help families connect in a positive way and develop healthy communication and coping strategies.
Topics our expert team will explore in our Badges to Recovery workshops include:
- Addiction and recovery for first responders and service members
- Impact of the first responder lifestyle on families
- The brain and the experience of boredom for a first responder
- The lifecycle of shift work
- How to communicate with your family during stressful times
- Stories of hope shared from first responders and family members in recovery
You will be able to share and ask questions based on your comfort of level, and our virtual platform allows for anonymity.