Parenting in Today’s World
A coaching group that teaches you how to roll with the punches and parent with success
Parenting is challenging, and in the age of COVID-19, parenting has become even more difficult. Parents need a place to turn for professional advice and assistance, and Recovery Centers of America provides that with Parenting in Today’s World.
RCA’s Parenting in Today’s World coaching group helps parents strengthen their positive coping skills and teaches skills to help support raising emotionally healthy children. With this group you will also benefit from joining a community of supportive parents working towards shared goals.
Our master’s level therapists, coaches, educators, and supportive peers will help you and your children maintain better mental and physical health so you can live your best lives. As a parent, you’ll lean into this community of parents dealing with similar situations.
We are here for you and will answer your call 24/7.
With RCA’s 4-week, online Parenting in Today’s World coaching group, you will learn how to:
- Work through both the successes and stressors of parenting
- Boost your relationship with your child(ren) as you navigate through tough discussions and situations involving social media, substance use, school, socializing and friends, and age-appropriate goals
- Become closer with your family as you build your parental resilience and show up for your kids through challenging and exciting adolescent developmental stages
- Build parental confidence in how to parent in a loving, positive way
- Who’s It For: Parents with children under the age of 18
- Length: 4 weeks
- Dates: New groups start the first Wednesday of each month
- Day & Time: Wednesdays weekly 7 pm – 8 pm EST
- Cost: Available at no additional cost to our Outpatient patients and their families
Virtual outpatient family coaching groups
From providing support for various groups impacted by substance use disorder including parents, families, and adult siblings, to strengthening couples’ relationships and modern parenting skills, Recovery Centers of America offers coaching groups to help families heal and thrive in a convenient online format. These are available at no additional cost to our Outpatient patients and their families.
Note: Consent must be provided by current patient for family members to enroll in groups.
Keep the momentum going
Support doesn’t stop once the group is complete. You’ll have the opportunity to stick with your therapist through our continued family coaching services. Available at an additional cost, these services keep you connected with your therapist, allowing your journey of healing and growth to continue.
Meet our therapists
Wendy Elliott, MFT
Wendy is a Family Specialist in the inpatient and digital mental health departments at Recovery Centers of America. She earned her Master’s degree at Drexel University in Family Therapy with an additional certificate from the Opioid Workforce Expansion Program, Interdisciplinary training initiative.
Gwenn Swift, MFT
Gwenn is a Family Specialist, working with couples and families in recovery from substance use in the Inpatient and Digital settings at Recovery Centers of America. Gwenn earned her Master’s degree in Couple and Family Therapy from Drexel University. She also completed training with the Opioid Workforce Expansion Program.