Hiring Event for Substance Abuse Counselors in Trenton, NJ
Help us save 1 million lives – one neighborhood at a time.
Trenton Healthcare Clinic, a Recovery Centers of America company, is taking action to curb the impact of opioids on the Trenton community by offering a full range of proven Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) services that include a methadone clinic, doctor supervised suboxone treatment, monitored maintenance, gradual detoxification, physical examinations, STD screenings, psychological assessments, substance abuse counseling, and job readiness program.
Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is expanding rapidly. You can be a part of our mission of saving one million lives from the disease of drug and alcohol addiction as a Substance Abuse Counselor! Attend our upcoming hiring event and interview with RCA’s Managers, network with team members, and learn more about our mission. You could even potentially receive a same-day offer to join RCA on the spot! We look forward to meeting you.
- Date: Tuesday, December 8th 2020
- Time: 10am-2pm
- Location: Trenton Healthcare Clinic – 801 New York Ave, Trenton, NJ 08638
- Required: Two copies of your resume
Substance Abuse Counselor Job Description:
The Counselor enhances the quality of patient care by working directly with the patients in a treatment setting. He/she will assist the clinical supervisor with direct patient care as well as clinically-involved administrative tasks. Working collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary team, she/he will help provide a safe and therapeutic treatment experience for the patients served.
- Provides direct support to patients by providing 1-to-1 support sessions and/or facilitates groups as scheduled/assigned
- Engages patients by conducting recovery-oriented activities as scheduled
- Supports the community to intervene with treatment engagement works to de-escalate treatment barriers
- Coordinates and communicates the weekly clinical programming schedule to the multi-disciplinary team
- Facilitates patient engagement and re-engagement sessions as needed
- Completes clinical administrative tasks under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor including but not limited to: registering all admitted patients to the appropriate group assignment, assigning patients to the clinical team in the absence of the Clinical Supervisor, and conducting audits to ensure patient records are in good standing as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, human services, or other related field OR a recognized certification or licensure including documentation of supervised clinical hours of counseling individuals with substance use disorders
- Substance abuse counselor shall be either an LCADC, CADC (LPC, LAC, LSW, LCSW will be considered as long as they are actively working towards LCADC licensure!)
- Two years’ clinical experience in a health/human service agency.
If you are looking for a career that is more than just a job, consider employment with Recovery Centers of America. Be part of an extraordinary team on a mission to save 1 million lives, 1 neighborhood at a time. Grow with us and look forward to newly adjusted, competitive pay rates, an incredibly supportive, team-oriented work environment, medical benefits, tuition reimbursement, 401k, professional development opportunities, and endless opportunities for growth!
The health of our patients and staff remains our top priority!
Masks are required and your temperature will be taken at the event. Social distancing guidelines are implemented and hand sanitizer is stationed at multiple areas throughout the facility. Employees will wipe down chairs/tables in between interviews. As a company, we continue to put the health and safety of patients, families, and staff above all else. Our protocols for the prevention and containment of the spread of COVID-19 are in place to keep safety at the highest levels possible while keeping our doors open 24/7 to those who need addiction treatment. Read more.
Recovery Centers of America (RCA) was founded with the mission of saving millions of lives from the disease of addiction. RCA is growing, and currently has 14 facilities offering best in class, evidence-based inpatient, outpatient and medication-assisted addiction treatment. Our clinical expertise, modern facilities and expansive list of services are highly respected in the addiction treatment industry.
Join the RCA Team
By joining RCA, you are committing to helping millions of people successfully start and continue their recovery journey, supporting and educating their loved ones, and making a difference in the communities we serve. The team at RCA is comprised of the most dedicated, compassionate, and hardworking people you’ll find, and RCA is dedicated to providing each team member a supportive career with meaning, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefit package.