How to Set Up Your Device with Webex Prior to a RCA Alumni Association Virtual Meeting or Event
To use Webex, you will need one of the following devices to connect:
- An IOS Apple iPhone or iPad with current OS
- An Android mobile or tablet
- A Microsoft PC running Internet Explorer Version 8 and 9; Google Chrome latest version; or Firefox latest version
- A MAC running latest operating system and same version Safari browser; Google Chrome latest version; or Firefox latest version
If you are using an IOS iPhone or iPad or an Android mobile or tablet, you will need to download the ‘Webex Meetings’ application here:
If you are using a PC or MAC computer, you do not have to download an application to join a meeting or an event – all you will need is the meeting link sent to you via the RCA emails sent to you or accessible via the RCA Website. You do not need to create an account or profile.
How to attend an RCA Recovery Meeting on Webex
How to attend using your phone or tablet:
- After downloading the app, click the Webex link for the meeting you would like to join. These links can be found on our Facebook page, our Master Calendar or and in the Daily Alumni Association emails sent to your inbox.
- You will be asked if you want to leave the webpage you are currently on and open the Webex app. Click ‘Open App’.
- You will be prompted to enter your information – both your display name and email address. We suggest entering your first name and last initial.
- Click ‘join’
How to attend using your MAC or PC:
- Click the Webex link for the meeting you would like to join. These links can be found on our Facebook page, our Master Calendar or in the Daily Alumni Association emails sent to your inbox.
- Hit ‘join using browser’
- Choose your audio option – these options include using your device’s internal speaker and microphone or headset. After selecting an audio option, hit ‘Join Meeting”
- Once in the meeting, you will see the host’s screen.
- At the bottom task bar, you will see options to mute/unmute yourself as well as options to turn your camera on/off.
Have questions? Don’t receive the daily alumni association emails and wish to? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
How to Attend an RCA Event on Webex
After you have registered for an event, a confirmation email from email@example.com will be sent to you. This email contains all the information you will need to join on the day of the event, so be sure to keep this email handy!
How to join from a phone or tablet:
- After downloading the app, click the link provided in your confirmation email.
- This will take you a Webex web page with the description of the event. At the bottom of the page, click the green button that says ‘Join.’
- You may be asked to provide the meeting number or meeting password which can also be found in your confirmation email. If so, enter that information.
- After entering the required information, you will be asked if you want to join the event in the app, click ‘Open.’
How to join from a MAC or PC:
- Click on the link provided in your confirmation email.
- You will be asked to enter your first and last name, however we suggest entering your first name and last initial.
- You may also be asked to enter the meeting number or meeting password, which can also be found in your confirmation email. If so, enter that information.
- Some browsers will require you to add the Cisco Webex Extension to run the event, while others will allow you to join from just your browser. To add this extension, click ‘Add’ then ‘Add extension’ then click the file that appears on the bottom left of your screen. This will prompt Webex to open.
- Click ‘Join Event’
Webex Events looks differently than Webex Meetings in that if you are joining an event as an attendee, you will not have the option to turn your camera and microphone on or off unless you are made a ‘panelist’ by the Host. In addition, the chat feature will only allow you to send messages to the host and to each panelist as an attendee.
If you have any further questions or need assistance joining an RCA Alumni Association hosted event or meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.