What to Bring
At Recovery Centers of America, we want to make sure you feel at home, so you can focus on getting on the road to recovery. We also want to ensure our patients’ privacy and safety. While RCA is happy to provide some items for you, here’s what we suggest you bring for a comfortable stay:
- Comfortable clothes (one week’s worth)
Examples: Yoga pants, sweatpants, sweatshirts, tee-shirts, long-sleeve shirts, underwear, pajamas. Revealing clothing or clothing promoting drugs or alcohol are not allowed. *Please note, fitness classes are available, so you may want to bring fitness attire.
- Comfortable shoes
Examples: Sneakers, flip flops, and slippers.
- Personal hygiene items
Examples: Deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner, brush, feminine hygiene products, shaving cream, lotion, makeup, razors. *Please note, all items must be alcohol-free.
- Prescribed medication with original label on bottles
*Please note, we do not have a pharmacy on site. While we will order necessary medication, it takes a few days. We suggest bringing your own medication, but they must have the original label on the bottles. Please bring any drugs that you wish to dispose or do not want in your house when you get home. Our team will happily dispose of these.
- Photo ID Insurance Card and Pharmacy card/coverage.
Please note: Some insurance cards include pharmacy coverage. You will notice RX ID, BCN and PCN numbers on your insurance card. If you don’t see this on your insurance card, it’s likely you have separate pharmacy coverage. If you don’t know where your pharmacy card is, or your insurance doesn’t provide you with a card (for some carriers they only have online card), please call your current pharmacy and ask for the following information that they most likely have on file for you:
- RX ID #
- PCN #
- BIN #
- RX Group #
- Cigarettes/nicotine products
We allow all nicotine products including cigarettes, vapes, chewing tobacco, etc. However, all products must come closed and sealed.
- List of names, addresses and phone numbers for people you may need.
Examples: Family and friends or loved ones. If you’re dealing with legal issues, please bring your lawyer or probation officer’s information. This way, we can help you get everything taken care of when you here and will have no worries when you leave our facility.
- Pictures of loved ones
We recommend that you leave all valuables such as jewelry at home unless it will remain on you the duration of your stay (i.e. wedding ring, watch)
- Books and other reading material
Any reading materials that glorify drugs and alcohol, sex, or pornography are prohibited and will be turned away.
Please note: Lights out and quiet time begins at 11 P.M. Reading material is to be read and used outside of group time.
When you’re in one of our treatment facilities, your health and wellness is our number one goal. Because of that, we prohibit the following items:
- Cell phones and tablets
All patients benefit greatly from attending treatment programs; therefore, we do not allow any distracting electronics into our rehabilitation centers. Kindles are allowed as long as they are not able to connect to Wi-Fi. This is your time to disconnect.
Services such as laundry and phones are free. Any outings, like the movies or bowling, are covered by RCA.
- Food and drinks In order to maintain cleanliness in each unit, we do not allow outside food or drinks. We provide three meals a day and snacks. If you have a special dietary restriction, we will gladly accommodate your needs – just let us know ahead of time and please bring a doctor’s note.
- Games and playing cards
- Personal bedsheets, pillows, or linens.
All of these items will be provided for you
What RCA Supplies
We’re happy to provide you with the following items:
- You’ll be provided with 1 long sleeve or short sleeve shirt and 1 pair of pajama pants during your check-in process
- Bed linens
- Back-up toiletries
- Stamps and envelopes
- Composition book and pens
- 1 AA Book (NA book available upon request)
- 1 12-Step Workbook
- Board games
- Flat screen televisions and alarm clock in each room
- Laundry services